College Prep Writing & Technology
About the Course
The purpose of this course is to introduce students to college-level reading and writing requirements, to use educational technology tools/resources, and to gain independent learning strategies needed to succeed in college-level courses. The goal of the course is to help adult learners transition into for-credit college English (example: English 101A, English 1) or any other degree applicable course.
- Read, discuss and answer questions from college textbooks, articles, and other literature
- Increase vocabulary and critical thinking skills for college-level reading
- Learn how to plan, organize and write expository essays
- Learn to conduct online research
- Type essays on a Google doc and MS Word and create presentations on MS PowerPoint
Prerequisites: CASAS 905R Reading score of 28 or higher AND Basic computer skills. High school diploma NOT required.
- Dates: Nov 27-Feb 22, 2024
- Days: Monday -Thursday
- Times: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Location: Online via Zoom
- Cost: FREE
How to Enroll:
- Click the button below for the enrollment information. The last day to enroll is TBD.